Sunday, March 20, 2011

"The Pain of Motherhood"

I read an article in a magazine this week
that I enjoyed and could relate to.
"I love my children so much that at times
it hurts. Mothering brings me so much
joy, yet it is the most frightening and
overwhelming task imaginable."
Oh these words are oh, so TRUE.
I find myself worrying over EVERYTHING!
When my kids are sick or hurting
I'm sick and hurting for them.
My oldest gets poison-ivy pretty
much every year, no one else gets it,
all because I got it when I was
pregnant for him, he gets it.
And this week it was around his
eye making him miserable...
Praying that all my teaching will
stick and they will grow up
loving/walking with the Lord.
My two younger boys found some
boxes while I was packing this
week and made helmets out of them
and had a play fight with sticks.
Makes me think of 
soldiers for the LORD...
And will they love me even after
all the mistakes I'll make
along the way of being a mom?
My lil' girl is always saying
"I help" and wants to do everything
I do, it's so sweet and loving
but, will she always want to help?

I just hope and pray God will give
me all that I need to mother them well.

1 comment:

  1. It's hard hearing about your children having a hard time. Trust is the Lord, and He will give you strength.
    Love Mommy/Granny

    ReplyDelete