Saturday, September 14, 2013

Our Roadschool Day

"Don't let yourself be taken hostage 
by someone else's idea of what your
homeschool should look like. " 
~Hidie St.John~

Still roadschooling, been here in Oklahoma
going on NINE months now...


My mornings start with a cup of coffee, the Bible and
prayer...without these three I'm no good. ;-)
Before my computer crashed I would print any papers
for school that I keep on a memory stick.
We lapbook so I print a lot of paper.



We get on our good walking/playing shoes and go
outside if weather permits and do PE first thing, 
getting out all that energy has helped so
much...plus we do a lot of school outside as well,
the camper walls start closing in on us fast. ;)


I do Saxon math with the 2 older ones, and I
have to keep my sweetheart busy with
his hands or he gets bored, It helps him to
learn better as well with dyslexia.


Legos is a huge part of our learning, I love to see
their eyes light up and those big smiles on 
their faces when they bring me something they created 
"but watch out!!!!"
We always have a messy floor! :)


We use dry erasers a lot it saves me having to collect
paper...I just laminate calendars and chores.
Baby girl's work I slid in page protectors and she
can do it over and over again. Our Bible verses stay
up on the dry erase board for all to see. :)




3 comments:

  1. We love legos too. We just went camping this weekend (and we should be hitting the road sometime soon with our camper again) the legos will go with us! We are also doing the same Saxon Math this year as well. We will be busy gals for sure!

    Nice Quote! I may use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the camper again, how exciting. :-) Yeah I like Saxon...just wish I could find a good language!

      Delete
    2. In the camper again, how exciting. :-) Yeah I like Saxon...just wish I could find a good language!

      Delete