Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Reorganizing My Life, Part 4

"Baa, baa, black sheep, have you any propane?
Our camper is COLD, can you feel our pain?"
Reading "Baa, baa, black sheep"

I had just finished my first cup of coffee when the camper heater came on
and then before warming up the camper kicked right back off...
after a year and a half of living in this camper I've learned all the tricks,
that meant we were OUT of propane, a huge *sigh* it was still early the
sun wasn't even out, I sure didn't want to go out in the cold and dark to
start switching bottles over now...good thing we have a little floor heater.
The kiddos were up now because it don't take long for the camper to
get cold, so I bundled them up, gave them a book and I headed out to
get the bottles switched.
So this starts with my organizing rules...





#10; You must get a "big bottle", the two little ones that come with the
camper on cold days will only last you a few days each...maybe a week!
The big one will last a good 3 weeks, so with all three you can last almost
a month. ;-)
((Another reason I love to use my crock-pot to cook, saves on propane))

#11; Get the RIGHT tool for the job, last time I tried to switch the bottles
it took me half an hour to loosen the hose...didn't have a right size tool for
the job...SO, my welder went and got me a "wrench" that works wonders,
got to have this for sure.


#12; Have extra fuses on hand, that sorry heater likes to mess up a fuse
EVERY time we run out of propane, so I have to have this handy "fuse puller"
to reset the heater before it will come back on, crazy I know but it's true!

2 comments:

  1. Not a fun way to wake up in the morning! Brrr! But, I am glad you have it all set up for the next week. Keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell you've done this a few times. All in a days work... Thank Goodness for coffee!

    ReplyDelete